Welcome to the RRPictureArchives.NET contributor site of Jim Bruce.
Hello My Name is Jim Bruce.
I am a 23 year old IT Student, and I am also Disabled. I have Aspergers Syndrome, a rare form of Autism that I have had since birth and is something you are born with, not something you can "Catch". Nor is it something that will get you a day off school or work!!!
I am from Dover, Kent, UK, (a Place I live in Because I Have to NOT Because I want to).
If you have ever thought about coming to Dover or anywhere in the UK for a vacation, all I can say is DONT.
- Our Public Transportation system is awfull and is VERY badly run. (for example the last Bus of the day from my town (Dover) to the nearby town of Deal is at 18:15 PM Mondays to Saturdays yet on Sundays and Public Holidays the last Bus is at 19:05 PM... How STUPID is that ?!)
- We NEVER have the proper resources to deal with snow and the winters of 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 were no execption as we suffered through the worst European winters for nearly 35 years and as usual it brought our country to a standstill, (again...). Our problems were so bad that our trains to London and the North of England and Scotland could not operate with some pasengers stuck on trains for up to 6 hours in the snow, and even the regular bus service from the nearby town of Folkstone to Dover past my house which normally runs every 20 minutes, was not running at all. Even now our roads still suffer from accidents caused by potholes made when the roads thawed out.
- There is very little heavy industry left in the UK now. in particular we have very little coal industry left, and the Ystrad Mynach Cwmbargoed coal mine and colieries in the Taff Bargoed Valley Coalfield of South Wales,UK were recently closed and they are closing many of those in my native area of South and West Yorkshire around Rotherham and Barnsley. Sadly these were all heavy coal mining areas now with high unemployment and are now considered "Deprived Areas".
- There is also now very little in the way of our other tradtional industries such as steel and iron ore. Some of our other recent major industry closures were British Corus Steel in Redcar,County Durham, the Puegeot Atomotive George Heath Motor Works in Bordersley, Birmingham,West Midlands and the Phfizer Pharmaceuticals plant in Sandwich,Kent (Just 15 Miles from where I live and closed after 50 years with the loss of 2500 jobs).
- it is Illegal to have a standard wall mounted light switch in a bathroom (YES, REALLY! we are required to use pull cords instead).
- We have an epidemic with "teen pregnacy" (it's now on the same scale as HIV Aids).
We are currently persecuting an 18 year old serving British soldier of the Household Cavalry Guards for referring to royal bride kat middleton as a "Stuck Up Cow!", which is EXACTLY what that Tosser/Snob is!!! (her latest ramblings are that she was "bullied" at school, So? I was bullied at school and although it was not very pleasant I admit, I got over it! and besides if I wanted to hear the nonsensical ravings of a loudmouth malcontent like her, I'd watch the conan o'brian show or read tony blair’s new book).
The labour government of our thankfully now former prime minister gordon brown (the hairy dumb scotsman), once came up with a stupid plan to make british kids stay in school till 18 years of age. If you ask me thats just not living in the modern world is it? 17 year olds having to go to school?: if their out at school who's going to be picking their kids up from Kindergarten???
- We drive like jerkass'es and have one of the highest accident rates in Western Europe. (having said that, you North Americans aren't exactly angels behind the wheel either, in your own countries or even in mine. on the 7th September 2009 coming home from Dover town, I was in a Bus accident, caused by two Canadian Senior Citizens on a vaction who, acording to the bus driver, claimed they "did'nt" know any better! but thankfully aside from some minor damage to the front, the bus was fine... their rental car however, was certainly not...).
and these are just Some of the Many reasons why my country is goin' to the dogs.
Since My Moms and most of My family are from the US (they are from Atlanta,GA) this is where I hope to Live in the future.
A note to Railfans visiting Duluth,GA. In December 2008 I returned from 11 days in the US and was "Busted" for standing around on the Rogers Bridge Road Overpass over the NS Main in Duluth,GA waiting for a Train. however once the 2 cops checked my British Passport and realised I was NO Threat they let me go without aresting me ! but still...
However I'm not Miserable all the time. My favorite time period in Railroading is 1975 to 2000 and some of my favorite engines are the GE B23-7 and U23B, the GM/EMD GP35 and GP30, the ALCO C420 and RS11 and the MLW RS18 and M420W. I'm also a big fan of SBD System, Southern Railway, Chessie System, Norfolk and Western, Conrail, Burlington Northern, Missouri Kansas Texas, IC/ICG, NS, CSXT and CN and CP to name but a few. I also like the Music of Carlos Santanta, the Rolling Stones, the Beatles and J.J.Cale. I am also a big Simpsons fan and I enjoy eating German food.
MY Albums are organised like this:
- Workin' on the Railroad:UP in Texas: Stuff 1994-1999
- Junk/Misc Stuff: Junk and Misc Stuff 2005-Present
- Railprictures.net Rejects: Shots 2005-Present
- Old Stuff: Shots 1970-2005
- Junk Old Stuff: Junk 1950-2005
- Junk World Old Stuff: Junk 1950-2005
- Junk Euro Old Stuff: Junk 1950-2005
- Euro Old Stuff: Shots 1970-July 2005
- Junk Euro Stuff/Misc Euro Stuff: Junk and Misc Stuff July 2005-Present
- Euro Rejects: Shots July 2005-Present
- Die Bahn Nach Auschwitz...
(If anyone can help me out with the pictures in My album "Junk Old Stuff" regarding picture content and Locations I would be gratefull. Pictures marked "HELP" I need help with the Location, Pictures marked "LOCO?" I need help with what the Engine is and or Reporting Marks & Road Numbers and Pictures marked "HELP & LOCO?" I need help with both. Thanks! (and thanks to all those who have helped me so far!).
I do also have this page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37220786@N03/at WWW.FLICKR.COM.
and this Image: http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=34003 at WWW.Railpictures.net.
and these Videos (78 of them so far!): http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=U30B#g/u on WWW.Youtube.com.
I have however had some bad luck when it come to putting My stuff on the internet, so please bare with Me.
Here's what Railprictures.net had to say about my US pictures (they Did'nt seem to think my European Pictures were that bad ! and they did'nt seem to know it was Me)Yes, your photos Really are that bad.Your pictures make it Very easy to find numerous things wrong... in fact, they are probably the worst group of photos, overall, that we\'ve ever received from anyone,they're not even close to the standards we've set forth, and you are one of only TWO people we've ever suspended for clearly being unable to meet our photo criteria. and on one Rejection Apeal they said this:Do you have even a clue what our standards are? I have had 1 ! acceptance,250+ (and Counting)Rejects and 5 Acount Suspensions Since January 2008. and Belive it or not ALL (but 1)of the Pictures You'l See here were Rejected for Various Reasons by Railprictures.net. and If You Disagree feel free to tell me in the Comments Section!
And You can Bad Mouth My Pictures all You Dam well like, but I AIN'T Gonna Stop! (So Get Used to it.)
and if you Yanks (or "Bloody Yankees" as Sir Winston Churchill called you) think I or my pictures are stupid, just remember, YOU people believe in "creationism", YOU elected the bushes 3 times and then YOU elected barak obama... Need I say more?
and as for you Candians: Two Newfies are walking down a street in Toronto when they see a sign on a store. it reads, Suits $5.00 each, shirts $2.00 each, trousers $2.50 per pair. One Newfie says to his pal, "Looky here! We could buy a whole gob of these, take 'em back to St John's, sell 'em to our friends, and make a fortune". "Now when we go in there, you be quiet, okay? Just let me do the talkin' cause if they hear your accent they might think we're from the Rock and try to cheat us". "Now, I'll try to sound like we're from Ontario". So they go in and one of the Newfies says with his best Ontario accent, "I'll take 50 of them suits at $5.00 each, 100 of them there shirts at $2.00 each, and 50 pairs of them there trousers at $2.50 each. I'll back up my pickup and ...." The owner of the shop interrupts, "You're from Newfoundland, aren't you?" "Well...yeah," says a surprised Newfie, "How'd you know dat!" "Because this is a dry-cleaners". Funny Huh?!
Having said that, Enjoy! JIM!
You may browse my collection of pictures via the menu located on the left hand side of the page. I hope you enjoy the collection and thanks for stopping by!